Here, in Southern California, we may not see too many rainy days, even with a visit from “El Nino”, but we mustn’t forget that there are other parts of our golden state, particularly in Northern California, which sees much more rain throughout the year. In addition to all of the rain, there’s wind accompanied by fog, which make driving conditions much more dangerous. Regardless of whether it’s raining or not, Lynwood Bail Bond Store is here to offer some very helpful ‘wet-weather’ driving tips:
- Turn On Headlights – This allows you to see in front of you better, as well as other drivers to see you better. And even if it’s sunny while raining, it’s the law to have those headlights on.
- Turn Off Cruise Control – Despite being called “cruise control,” it can be more difficult to gain control of your car again if you end up hydroplaning while the car is in cruise control mode.
- Hydroplaning Hazards – if you feel your car hydroplaning (when your tires lose traction of the road and only feels the water – this can happen with at least 1/12th of an inch of water), slowly take your foot off the gas and maintain control with your steering wheel. Do not slam on the brakes.
- Drive Slower – Remember visibility may be low, so it will be harder to see people and objects.
- Check Your Tires – If you’ve got pretty worn out tires, you’re more susceptible to hydroplaning and skidding in the rain because you don’t have optimum tread on your tires for traction.
- Check Your Car Lights – Get any broken or dim headlights, tail lights, brake lights, and signal lights fixed. Not only is having non-functioning lights putting you at risk, it’s also against the law and you can get a ticket.
- Always Remain Alert – Remember, you may trust yourself to be a safe driver, but you can never know what other drivers are going to be like. Drive defensively.
Check the weather and traffic conditions before you leave your house and always allow yourself extra time to get to your destination when it’s raining. Also, make sure to have a fully charged phone by your side! You never know when it might come in handy.
It’s not uncommon for people to be arrested for poor and reckless driving when it comes to bad weather conditions. It’s the impatient people who speed through the slow-moving traffic when it rains that wind up getting into accidents. Lynwood Bail Bond Store has helped bail these people out of jail and if this ends up to be your predicament as well, we will be there to bail you out of jail, no matter where you are in California. Give us a call immediately and we will stop at nothing to help your situation. We will not let you down!