The amount of bail is not only subject to the severity of the offense and crime, but also depends on the person’s criminal record, and other factors, like whether they are employed or not. Bail amount can also be different depending on where the crime happened or where the person is being charged (ie bail can vary state-to-state, etc.)
In Los Angeles, bail can range anywhere between a few thousand to a few million dollars. Below are some of the examples of how generally much a particular offense costs:
- Penal code section 115, using false documents to conceal true citizenship – $50k
- Penal code section 118, perjury – $25k
- Penal code section 192a, voluntary manslaughter – $100k
- Penal code section 192b, involuntary manslaughter – $50k
- Penal code section 215, carjacking – $100k
- Penal code section 470a and b, forgery/ counterfeiting driver’s license or ID card – $20k
- Penal code section 597.5a, dog fighting – $20k
- Penal code section 23152, 23153 driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs – $100k
For more information and a complete list of Los Angeles bail amounts, you can call us at Los Angeles Bail Bond Store at 323-261-2611 or visit our website. At your service 24/7, our trained agents will be at your side whenever you need them. In sensitive situations, you shouldn’t have to be alone. That’s why you can count on us to be there with you every step of the process.
Call 323-261-2611 today to speak to a licensed bail bondsman and answer all your bail bonds questions.