Because the justice system and posting bail are legal processes, it can be confusing to many what goes on, how a process works, and what legal papers really say. Like many binding contracts that are probably read a few times over to fully understand everything, the bail process may take time for one to truly grasp all the boundaries, limits, and allowances. Below are some basic key words that come up in situations, and what they mean.
- Bail bond – a bond given to court, ensuring the defendant will appear at their court hearing. The defendant can be released from imprisonment until that date.
- Bail agent or bail bondsman – an individual who provides bail as a surety
- Bail-jumping – failure of showing up to court hearing (after posting bail and getting released)
- Personal recognizance – the release of the defendant upon posting bail where the court takes the defendant’s word that they will show up for their court hearing (or other scheduled matters when ordered)
- Surety – the primary individual responsible for the payment of debt or actions of another’s obligations
These terms are the basics to know and understand. We don’t expect you to take care of a bail case on your own – that is putting more stress and strain on yourself than what you are already experiencing by just having to bail someone out of jail. Call Los Angeles Bail Bond Store at 323-261-2611 – our professional and friendly staff will answer all your questions and walk you through the process.
Los Angeles Bail Bond Store® is committed to serving all your bail bond needs throughout the state of California. We are ready and available to post bail for your loved ones in every court and every jail throughout California. Whether during the day or the middle of the night, we are ready and willing to drive and meet relatives and co-signers to negotiate the quick release of friends or loved ones.
There is no need to go through this emotional time alone. Los Angeles Bail Bond Store® can help you through this tough time. Our bail bonds agents are here for you and waiting to answer any questions about bail bonds.
Call 323-261-2611 today to speak to a licensed bail bondsman and answer all your bail bonds questions.