California has certain laws for bail and bail bonds that must be followed. You know that defendants have the right to non-excessive bail and that a defendant has various options for posting bail like different types of bonds. Here are a few other regulations that you may not know:
- Bail agents cannot refer attorneys
- Bail agents cannot bribe clients to refer them to other defendants needing to post bail
- Bail agents cannot accept any money that has been obtained illegally (like by fraud of drugs)
- Bail agents have the right and responsibility to track down defendants if they do not show up to court
- Bail agents must have current and valid licenses to be working as a bail agent
- Bail agents cannot accept any bribery
- Bail agents do not have the authority to lower bail that has been set by the judge
All the above sounds very technical and strict but we at Lynwood Bail Bond Store want to ensure you that bail agents are very friendly, approachable, and helpful. Don’t be afraid to come to us in need of abail bond, we’re more than happy to help. We work quickly and confidentiality so you don’t have to worry about anything more than what you’re already stressing about.
Make an appointment with Lynwood Bail Bond Store today!